Westside is partnering with Operation Christmas Child this year to build and collect 35 shoe boxes in 2023.
You can pickup your show boxes at Westside and fill them up with the items or you can also purchase them online and custom build one for an easy option.
SHOE BOX IDEAS:
Start with a quality “wow” item such as a stuffed animal, soccer ball with pump, or clothing outfit that will capture the child’s attention the instant he or she opens the box. See our gift suggestions according to age and gender listed below for other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies to fill the shoebox.
PERSONAL CARE ITEMS:
- Comb or brush
- Fun adhesive bandages
- Reusable eating utensils
CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES:
- Clothing and undergarments
- Flip-flops or shoes
- Hair accessories (for girls)
- Cold weather items
CRAFT AND ACTIVITY:
- Pencils and sharpener
- Pencil case
- Coloring books or pads
- Picture book
- Glue stick
- Small adhesive tape
- Dry watercolor set
- Building blocks
- Finger puppets
- Etch A Sketch®
- Toy cars
- Plastic dinosaurs, animals, and action figures
- Interactive toys
- Other small toys and figures
A PERSONAL NOTE:
- You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself, your family, or group. If you include your name and an address, the child may be able to write back.
*Samaritan’s Purse encourages Operation Christmas Child shoebox donors to include a personal note in each shoebox gift to encourage the recipient child in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Some donors also include photos and addresses. Occasionally, pen-pal relationships have developed over the years between shoebox packers and the recipient.
Samaritan’s Purse encourages donors who include their mailing address to be cautious of correspondence from shoebox recipient countries, especially letters written to children. Correspondence from a stranger should be treated with caution and awareness. Samaritan’s Purse does not encourage shoebox recipients or ministry partner churches around the world to solicit support from our donors.
Looking for a Great seasonal job this Christmas?
We are currently looking to hire approximately 200 Christian men and women to fill “paid” positions for a four-week project with Operation Christmas Child, and are looking to connect with people who can help us spread the word.
Our seasonal positions include a wide variety of customer service and warehouse roles (including heavy lifters, Class-A CDL drivers, and forklift operators). The ideal candidate for this position has a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, aligns with the mission of Samaritan’s Purse, works well with volunteers, and is flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Seasonal Employment (mid-November through mid-December) at the Operation Christmas Child facility (TBD)
- 40+ hours per week, Monday – Saturday (Thanksgiving Day off)
- Hourly pay rate of $20/hour for Customer Service & Warehouse Workers; and $25/hour for Class A-CDL Drivers
We are hiring for the following positions. Feel free to review the links below for job descriptions.
- Volunteer Engagement Team Member: https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/jobs/12963933-volunteer-engagement-team-member-north-atlanta-metro-ga
- Warehouse Team Member: https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/jobs/12964236-warehouse-team-member-north-atlanta-metro-ga
- Shipping/Receiving Materials Handler(Docks): https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/jobs/12964273-shipping-slash-receiving-materials-handler-north-atlanta-metro-ga
- Forklift Operator: https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/jobs/12964315-forklift-operator-north-atlanta-metro-ga
- Class-A CDL Truck Driving: https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/jobs/12592977-class-a-cdl-truck-driver-operation-christmas-child
God is so amazing. Last year we packed over 10.5 million shoeboxes and each shoebox impacts around 10 people for Jesus. That’s over a hundred million people impacted by this project each year, but we cannot accomplish this without your help and without the help of our seasonal associates!
Questions and more information – We would love to answer any questions you may have or send you more information about our hiring. Please reply back to this email or call using the contact information listed below with any questions or information requests you may have.
Together in Christ!
Human Resources Coordinator | HUMAN RESOURCES